Bellwether Group Accepts First Fifty Members
SUNNYVALE, CA—May 31, 2012—Intersect360 Research has announced the formation of the HPC500, an exclusive community of HPC user organizations at the vanguard of their areas of specialization. Under the auspices of the market intelligence firm, this forward-thinking group will provide insight, based on shared research and real-world experience, that will help shape the future of the HPC industry.
The HPC500 is comprised of a representative cross-section of academic, government, and commercial organizations across all budgets, applications, and geographic areas, including users in both High Performance Technical Computing (HPTC) and High Performance Business Computing (HPBC). Some of the charter members include:
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology information (KISTI): government sector, Asia-Pacific (South Korea), supercomputing class
- Laboratório Nacional de Computação Científica (National Laboratory for Scientific Computing, LNCC): government sector, Latin America (Brazil), mid-range HPC class
- GeoLang Ltd.: commercial HPBC sector, EMEA (U.K.), entry-level HPC class
- Simpson Strong-Tie: commercial HPTC sector, U.S./Canada (U.S.), entry-level HPC class
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU): academic sector, Asia-Pacfic (China), high-end HPC class
"The HPC500 are the bellwethers of the HPC industry," says Intersect360 Research CEO Addison Snell. "These are the organizations who bring high performance computing technology to bear on challenging problems in science, engineering, and business, and whose insights will help guide the course of development for the HPC industry as a whole."
The HPC500 will share insights and best practices with one another through exclusive communications, live events, and receptions. In turn, the knowledge shared within the prestigious group will form the basis of Intersect360 Research's industry insights.
The first fifty member organizations have already been chosen, and Intersect360 Research will continue to select members throughout 2012 to reach the target 500 members, based on maintaining an accurate demographic representation of the HPC industry. Of the first fifty members:
- 20 are commerical organizations (13 with HPTC application, 7 HPBC), 19 are academic or non-for-profit, and 11 are government organizations.
- 25 are based in the U.S. or Canada; 14 are based in Europe, Middle East, or Africa (EMEA); nine are based in Asia Pacific (including Japan, Australia, and New Zealand); and two are based in Latin America (including Mexico).
- Nine have supercomputing budgets of over $5.0 million per year; 15 have high-end HPC budgets of $1.0 million to $4.9 million per year; 15 have mid-range HPC budgets of $100,000 to $999,999 per year, and 11 have entry-level HPC budgets under $100,000 per year.
HPC500 members enjoy numerous benefits, including free access to Intersect360 Research's actionable market intelligence; insightful discussions with other members of the HPC500; exclusive receptions at industry conferences; and exclusive, quarterly conference calls on industry trends and HPC topics of interest.
More information on HPC500, including benefits and application for membership, can be found at www.hpc500.com.
About Intersect360 Research
Intersect360 Research is a market intelligence, research, and consulting advisory practice focused on suppliers, users, and policymakers across the High Performance Computing ecosystem. Intersect360 Research relies on both user-based and supplier-based research to form a complete perspective of HPC market dynamics, trends, and usage models, including both technical and business applications.
Log into Your Account
New here? Create an Account
Your account has been created. Close this popup and you're ready to go!